Friday 19 August 2011

Clutch bag commission

Originally a box bag commission changed to a clutch bag commission, this autumnal creation was so much fun to make and definitely a design I will be continuing with!. The customer wanted autumn burnt oranges and reds, so gold silk mixed with merino wool seemed like a good place to begin, this was what I started with.


I decided to go with popper buttons in each corner instead of the large buttons so I could add the flower to the front instead. The lace and silk thread was added at the point of felting and this was the end product.

The lining is what I use in all my bags, butter cream dupion satin, a durable but sophisticated material with a lovely delicate texture on the surface.


And this is the commission all boxed up, 100% recycled packaging : )





No comments:

Post a Comment